Local Agency Formation Commission
Regular Meeting Agenda
Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, Room 381B
Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER.
2. THE Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Chairman Henri f. Pellissier.
3. CONSENT ITEM
a. County Sanitation District No. 21, Annexation No. 695 – 1.493 acres located at the intersection of Emerald Avenue and Bowdoin Street, in the City of La Verne. The landowner is WF Construction, Inc. (Bill Fox, President)
4. SPECIAL ITEM
of Minutes for the meeting held
5. PUBLIC COMMENT
This is the opportunity for members of the public to address the Commission on items that are not on the posted agenda, provided that the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers are reminded of the three-minute time limitation.
6. SETTINGS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS
7. NEW BUSINESS
This is the opportunity for commissioners to discuss matters not on the posted Agenda (to be discussed and upon Commission approval placed on the Agenda for action at a future meeting).
8. ADJOURMENT MOTION
TO COUNTY SANITATION DISTRICT NO. 21
AGENDA ITEM NO. 3a
Agenda Item No. 3a is an uninhabited proposed annexation to
County Sanitation District No. 21 of
Annexation No. 695 encompasses 1.493 acres of territory
located at the intersection of
Pursuant to the provisions of CEQA, the City of
All owners of real property within the boundaries of the territory to be annexed have consented in writing to their properties being annexed to the district.
The County Sanitation Districts have determined that, based on the information provided by the property owners, the districts’ sewerage facilities have or, in accordance with current policy, will have adequate capacity to collect, treat, and dispose of the wastewater anticipated to be generated as a result of the proposed annexations. Actual sewer hook-up will not be allowed until payment of the connection fee and shall be subject to all circumstances then existent including the availability of capacity.
All affected agencies have agreed to the negotiated exchange of property tax revenues.
1. Acting in its role as a responsible agency with respect to Annexation No. 695, and under State CEQA Guidelines Section 15096, LAFCO certifies that it has independently considered and reached its own conclusions regarding the environmental effects of the projects and the negative declaration certified by the City of La Verne and has determined that the document adequately addresses the environmental impacts of the project. LAFCO finds that it has complied with the requirements of CEQA with respect to the process for a responsible agency, and hereby adopts by reference the negative declaration, including mitigation measures previously prepared by the lead agency, in connection with its certification of the document for the project.
2. Find that all owners of land have given their written consent to the change of organization, and all affected agencies have consented in writing to the waiver of protest proceedings, and waive the requirement for protest proceedings in its entirety.
3. Adopt Resolution Making Determinations and Approving and Ordering Annexation No. 695 to County Sanitation District 21.
4. Provide that the annexations shall be subject to the following term and condition:
The property so annexed shall not be subject to the payment of such service charges, assessments or taxes as the County Sanitation District imposes.