AGENDA FOR MEETING OF THE LOCAL AGENCY FORMATION
COMMISSION FOR THE
ROOM 381B OF THE KENNETH HAHN HALL OF ADMINISTRATION
The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Chairman Henri Pellissier.
1. City of
2. City of
3. Special Reorganization Update.
Schedule of Public Hearings revised
b. Report of Terms, Conditions and Findings.
c. Executive Officer’s report on Revenue Neutrality meetings.
4. Hacienda Heights Update.
4. CALAFCO Legislative Update.
5. Approve minutes for the
6. Public comment period:
7. New Business: Commissioner’s discussion
of Matter not on Posted Agenda (To be Discussed and upon Commission approval
placed on the Agenda for Action at a Future Meeting).
8. Settings for the
April 10, 2002Agenda.
AGENDA ITEM NO. 2
Agenda Item No.2 is an
uninhabited annexation proposal initiated by Resolution No. CC 2000-089 from the City of
This request is to annex
approximately 155.2 acres ± (i) to
the City of
The subject property is
uninhabited and is located north of Avenue “P” at
Subject territory contains two parcels owned by the City of Los Angeles Department of Airports, also known as Los Angeles World Airports.
The City of
This annexation causes an “island,“ by its design; however, under the provisions of Government Code Section 56375(m), the Commission may exempt the formation of an island. Please see attached maps.
The affected territory is
within the current sphere of influence of the City of
All affected agencies have adopted the appropriate tax transfer resolutions.
The proposed annexation is
a logical extension of the City of
1. Acting in its role as a responsible agency with respect to Annexation No. 1999-03, pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15096, LAFCO certifies that it has independently considered and reached its own conclusions regarding the environmental effects of the proposed project and the environmental documents certified by the City of Palmdale, as lead agency, namely EIR 91-3 and City of Palmdale Ordinance No. 1183, approving Development Agreement 2001-01 between the City of Palmdale and Los Angeles World Airports to facilitate Annexation No. 1999-03, and has determined that the documents adequately address the environmental impacts of the proposed project. LAFCO finds that it
Agenda Item No. 2
complied with the requirements of CEQA with respect to the process for a
responsible agency, and hereby adopts by reference the environmental findings and
statement of overriding considerations, where applicable, previously adopted by
the City of Palmdale in connection with its certification of that report for
the proposed project.
2. Find that the affected agencies have consented to the waiver of conducting authority proceedings, in accordance with joint resolution No. CC 2002-016 and pursuant to Government Code Section 56663(c).
resolution making determinations and approving and ordering annexation of the
subject territory to the City of