AGENDA FOR MEETING OF THE LOCAL AGENCY FORMATION
COMMISSION FOR THE
ROOM 381B OF THE KENNETH HAHN HALL OF ADMINISTRATION
1. Adoption of Resolution Ordering
Annexation No. 269 to County Sanitation District No.14 – 41.230± acres located on
2. Adoption of Resolution Ordering
Annexation No. 271 to County Sanitation District No. 14 – 20.094± acres located at the southeast corner of
Avenue N and
3. Adoption of Resolution Ordering
Annexation No. 693 to County Sanitation District No. 21 – 7.677± located on
4. Adoption of Resolution Ordering
Annexation No. 316 to County Sanitation District No. 26 -180-910± acres located southwest of the intersection
5. Adoption of Resolution Ordering
Annexation No. 320 to County Sanitation District No. 26, Annexation No.
320 – 0.474± acres located on located on
6. Public Financial
Management Inc.’s presentation of Final Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis re:
7. Contract renewal with Burr Consulting,
at a 6.7% rate increase to $80.00 per hour, for the period of
8. Contract renewal with Public Financial
Management Inc., for the period of
9. Letter dated
10. City of Los Angeles City Administrative Officer letter dated December 13, 2001 advising that it will take the City of Los Angeles sixty days in which to provide the data requested by LAFCO in order to prepare a Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis for Hollywood.
11. Approval of LAFCO December 2001Operating Account Check Registrar
minutes for the
14. New Business: Commissioner’s discussion of Matter not on Posted Agenda (To be Discussed and upon Commission approval placed on the Agenda for Action at a Future Meeting).
15. Settings for the
COUNTY SANITATION DISTRICTS
AGENDA ITEMS NOS. 1 THROUGH 5
Following summarization of staff's recommendations the Commission took the following actions: (a) closed the hearings; (b) made a finding that pursuant to Government Code Section 56663 all owners of land within the affected territory have given written consent to the change of organization, and waived the requirement for notice, hearing or election; (c) adopted resolutions making determinations; and (d) set January 9, 2002, for adoption of final resolutions.
The matter before you is adoption of the final resolutions ordering the territories annexed to the respective district.
1. Adopt resolutions approving and ordering the following annexations:
a. Annexation Nos. 269 and 271 to County Sanitation District No. 14
b. Annexation No. 693 to County Sanitation District No. 21
c. Annexation Nos. 316 and 320 to County Sanitation District No. 26
2. Pursuant to Government Code Section 56886(b), order that the territory so annexed shall be subject to the payment of service charges; assessments or taxes as the County Sanitation Districts may impose.
CONTRACT RENEWAL WITH BURR CONSULTING
AGENDA ITEM NO. 7
Burr started her consulting services for the Special Reorganization on
Allocate Actual Comment
The original terms of the contract covered the need for data collection, monitoring the progress of other consultants and support entities, aid in the preparation of the various stages of the Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis and represent LAFCO during various financial hearings.
During the option period Ms. Burr will be needed to support LAFCO staff, Public Financial Management and the Commission in redefining any inquires or directed changes to the final comprehensive analysis. Included in that effort will be the need to assess and develop impacts from possible variances to revenues and/or expenditures caused by any of the above changes.
CONTRACT RENEWAL WITH
PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
AGENDA ITEM NO. 8
Upon submittal of the Final Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis PFM will have completed those tasks defined in their scope of work. Furthermore, they will have also met each of the requirements of LAFCO’s seven step process.
The only requirement left in the base contract will be the following:
“At LAFCO’ request, Consultant will attend and, if requested, testify, at any further LAFCO meeting or other public meetings on the proposed special reorganizations. Consultant will reanalyze and revise the Final CFAs after their submittal, at the direction of LAFCO and/or its Executive Officer.”
As these public hearings have been scheduled through July 2002 a contract extension is required.
PFM’s contract, Section 1.3.1 provides for a two year initial term allowing for the development of the CFA. Section 1.3.2 allows for two two-year options. Said contract allows the Executive Officer to exercise the first two-year option by notifying the Consultant in writing before the contract expiration date. The Commission is requested to authorize the Executive Officer to do so at the rate specified in the contract.